elektro-skateboard.de

Fraud Alert - How to recognize Abec 11 Wheels

chrischaput

Empfohlene Beiträge

I am the owner and designer of Abec 11 wheels, including every Flywheel and Electric Flywheel that has ever existed. We do NOT make Flywheels in 94mm or 112mm, and we do NOT make wheels in purple or black. We do NOT make any wheels without printing and branding on them.

Our regular Flywheel series has 76mm, 83mm, 90mm, and 97mm sizes. All of those wheels are centerset, have 45mm orange 6-spoke hubs, and green Classic Formula urethane on them. Our 107mm Electric Flywheels use the same hubs only in black, with Green 74a, Pink 77a, and Lime 80a Reflex Formula urethane. All of our wheels are clearly marked as Abec 11.

None of wheels have the drive hub permanently attached to the wheels.

We make the best and highest quality skateboard wheels on the planet, and I've worked with Altered Electric Skateboards exclusively in making a 107mm Electric Flywheel and drive hub. They are simply the best that money can buy.

We pour ALL of our wheels in my hometown of Huntington Beach California and no one but me has the right or license to use the Abec 11 name, period. Anyone who does is a liar, a fraud, and a cheat, or the most ignorant person to ever sell a skateboard. It is upsetting, to say the least, that people will try to take advantage of all of the time, money, R&D, tooling, testing, marketing, and branding that I've done in the last 12 years in order to line their pockets. I hope that the community here will take notice and do the right thing by NOT supporting the ripoffs.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Chris Chaput

President, Abec 11

Hello Chris and welcome to our nice (small) community! :D

Your explanation sounds well thought and is easy understandable even for people which don't use skate wheels / longboard wheels mostly.

We got there quite alot of postings mentioning the "ABEC11"-wheels, but I always, since the beginning, thought: Why would a skate/longboard wheel facility make wheels with plastic mold drive chain wheel? And obviously you don't.

(I don't have a street board but I rebuild one for Beny here at the forums, so I know the ES 600 wheels well.)

I guess most eBoarders think the same, as they are just customers of something which is put together to work fine.

What I mean: The people just want to buy wheels which fit their eBoard without modifications and there are not that much sellers there offering those.

The customers don't want to fraud you or using fakes, but they'll buy the wheels that fit their board (which the board seller might offer, logically).

So it is fully understandable for me that you want to tell about the fakes/copys, but you should not judge the people who buy those.

They will in the most cases not buy them to resemble ABEC11 wheels or to fake those, they just want a new, fitting set of wheels for their eBoard without modifications.

Much regards,

Wolf

107mmElectricFlywheels.jpg.9954e687b7f1a18123f6cccbcd919888.jpg

People have a variety of wheels to use on electric boards and that's fine. What I am objecting to is people who advertise that the wheels that they put on their electric skateboards are Abec 11's, when in fact they are not. Here are some examples:

Externe Links nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

In my attached picture you can clearly see the difference between the molded in drive hub on the red eXkate wheel and the removable drive hub that fits into the spokes of the Abec 11 Fywheels. This system allows the rider to rotate the tires for uniform wear. Abec 11 does NOT make any wheels with a molded in drive hub.

If you buy a board from someone claiming that you're getting genuine Abec 11 wheels and you are not, you are being cheated.

bearbeitet von Kai
removed full quote

Hello Chris,

thats correct, I think it is useless to use a brand name like "ABEC 11" if they are not really "ABEC 11", not to mention it could/will break several laws doing so. They could just sell their wheels as super green whatever-eBoard-wheels, and nobody would blame them..

I wouldn't feel cheated, because I know what to expect to get (as I had them in my hands previously), but others might, that's true.

Even as I didn't buy a street board from ES, its fully understandable for me if you as the original brand owner or other customers who thought they will get real "ABEC 11" wheels get angry and disappointed.

Very cool that you're offering drive hub inlays, I didn't think you were actually offering wheels specially made for electric boards.

If I'm going to build a street board for myself in the future (most probably will for low weight, even as I prefer my offroad board project) I'll try out your ABEC wheels with those inlays.

Yes, your solution is nice, its interchangeable and even easier to make two motorized independent drivewheels.

I wonder, what material type are those drive hubs made off, do they wear down quickly or can they withstand multiple wheel wear-downs?

Do the drive hubs fit any flywheel size?

Would be very cool to have selectable sizes and hardness for street purposes.

Much regards,

Wolf

Edit: Oh, just saw the video from you on the electric board, that explains it. :D

I totally overlooked the "electric" in your first post there, so I had no mind-connection from ABEC 11 to eBoards. Very cool! :thumbsup:

bearbeitet von Wolf

Hmmm, wow thanks for the information chris,

I also drive Longboard and the ES-600 green wheels (called as Abec11) feels good to drive but not really like Abec11 wheels. They are clean without marks also ... Thats a BIG fault of electroskate in my opinion. I can not make some green wheels and than sell them as Abec11 wheels. Damnit, thats big cheating :-(

Have reminded our staff this morning they are responsible for what they advertise online on our website particular with sourced parts like wheels and got them to remove the offending item name which is not acceptable. Without going into to much detail these are the best wheels we have for the ES600 to cope with the power and high speed at present. Greetings :peace:

bearbeitet von Kai
full quote removed

Hey Chris (Abec 11)

I have been using your 83mm and 76mm fly wheels both 75a on my electric boards for some time now. They are so quiet, smooth and free rolling. I also use the sector 9 race formulas 81mm and 76mm, but the 83mm fly is the pick for ultimateness! Well done Chris! And to the rest of your company.

The issue you've raised has been discussed here a few times now - glad you've had your say for those who had question marks.

Electric skateboarding is a great up and coming industry with so much more to offer in the years coming. How are your electric hamboards going? :)

In regards to using Abec 11's on electric skateboards and still being able to rotate them, please check out our recent blog post from just the other day -

Jeff

hi andrew, shure your green racewheels :-) are very nice to drive !! Without any Abec - marking it seems to be better for all.

Ich bin zufrieden mit den grünen wheels, aber ich fühle mich schon betrogen, wenn ich für billige China Reifen den Preis fü Abec11 wheels bezahle. Also sind wahrscheinlich die Abec Keramik Kuggellager auch Plagiate.

Ich habe meine Rechnung von 2010 rausgesucht:

Thank you for your order no: 100722-150100-1502 placed on Jul 22 2010, 21:01 PM

Order Inventory:

Product: Abec 11 wheels

Options: Wheel Type - Sports board full set

Quantity: 1

Product Code: ABE13

Price: €83.91

Product: ABEC CERAMIC BEARINGS

Options: Related board - Sports Board

Quantity: 1

Product Code: ABEE3

Price: €65.39

Was meint ihr dazu? Bzw. Wie würdet ihr euch verhalten?

• 2 weeks later...
Ich bin zufrieden mit den grünen wheels, aber ich fühle mich schon betrogen, wenn ich für billige China Reifen den Preis fü Abec11 wheels bezahle. Also sind wahrscheinlich die Abec Keramik Kuggellager auch Plagiate.

Sind es dann wirklich anders? Fühlt man den Unterschied?

@ Tiger, ich hatte auch die grünen sport wheels am ES-600 und sie fuhren sich schon supergut und smooth. Schon allein der Kugellagerdurchmesser ist ja nicht skateboard - genormt, so dass man spezielle grössen braucht. Auf der Rechnung stand u.a. auch .... Abec11.

Ok, wir wissen ja nun es war etwas geschummelt.....

Ich war im Longboardshop und bin mal mit einem Longboard probe gefahren weches Abec11 75mm wheels drauf hatte. Auch eine etwas andere Härte. War schon ein Unterschied.

groessenvergleich-958.jpg

Guck dir das Bild an, auf dem kleinen Streetboard sind schon 85mm wheels drauf !! aber das ES-600 mit den wheels und dem Deck fuhr sich geilooo

• 7 months later...

Stimmst schon, der Unterschied zu echten ABEC11 Longboardrollen ist riesig!

Ich hatte mir vor 1,5 Jahren auch mal die Lila Rollen, die elektroskate als "Abec 11" verkauft hat, für mein 600er bestellt, für viel Geld. Hätte ich gewusst, dass es China Rollen sind, hätte ich nicht so viel ausgegeben.

Beim ersten Eindruck waren sie auch etwas besser als ganz knüppelharte Eboardrollen, aber

nach einiger Zeit werden diese falschen Abecs Rollen immer härter, und mir sind schon einige Stücke auf der Rolle rausgebrochen, wenn man man kurz was touchiert hat. Also nicht zu empfehlen, siehe Bild.

Dann doch lieber echte ABEC11 Longboardrollen, vernünftige Qualität eben.

lila_rolle.jpg.8bbe93d1a519589da0206d67171a4423.jpg

Ich habe eigentlich keine Ahnung, aber nur folgendes:

Abec11 ist eine Norm, die die Toleranz eines Kugellagers geschreibt.

Dummerweise hat sich auch eine Firma Abec11 genannt, die tolle Rollen herstellt.

Wenn ich dir jetzt also ein Abec11 Reifen verkaufe, ist da ein genormtes Kugellager drin, und der rest kann aus Holz sein.

Oder habe ich das falsch verstanden???

Hi Stephan,

das dürfte korrekt sein. Wobei die ABEC11 Kugellager wohl nicht ganz billig zu sein scheinen..

Demnach ist es recht fraglich, ob die Asiarollen tatsächlich solche Lager besitzen. Aber natürlich kannst Du, wenn Du irgendetwas drehendes mit ABEC 11 genormten Kugellagern verkaufst, es auch danach benennen.

Kundenfreundlicher wäre es natürlich, dazuzuschreiben: With ABEC 11 Rated Bearings o.Ä..

Viele Grüße,

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Ich habe jetzt auch nochmal gegoogled.

zu den Kugellagern:

Die meisten Quellen geben ein Abec Rating von 1 bis 9 an. Wobei 9 das beste ist. 11 kommt so gut wie nicht vor, weiß gar nicht ob es die 11 überhaupt oder als Skateboard Kugellager gibt. Also bleibt 9 als bestes Kugellager für Skateboards. Diese Abec 9 Kugellager verwenden wir auch bei Evolve.

Zu den Rollen:

Da gibts eben die Firma ABEC11, die sehr gute Longboard Rollen herstellt und die wir bei Evolve auch verwenden.

Also Rollen und Kugellager völlig separat sehen, dann kommt man nicht durcheinander. Wenn man im Longboardsshop Longboardrollen kauft, sind es auch immer nur die Rollen und keine Lager, die gibts ja extra in vielen verschiedenen Ausführungen.

Also wenn Rollen als ABEC11 Rollen verkauft werden, bezieht sich das nur auf die Rollen, und das müssen die echten sein, sonst ists schlicht verkehrt.

Hallo,

das stimmt, wenn man es logisch betrachtet, durchaus.

Jedoch kennst Du die Methoden des Marketings gut - demnach wirst Du auch wissen, dass auf dem Markt (auf jedem Markt eigentlich) nicht wirklich fair, gut durchschaubar oder logisch argumentiert wird, sondern mit jedem Trick, welcher Kunden zum kaufen des eigenen Produktes animiert...

Das ist das Problem dabei, zusammen mit Übersetzungsfehlern, Marketinglogik und anderen grauslichen Dingen im Business.

Hier ein Beispiel:

Daher war unsere Überlegung (von Stephan und mir), dass, wenn man eine Rolle egal welchen Types und Herstellers verkauft, solange ein ABEC 11 rated Lager verwendet wird (oder halt ein ABEC 11 benanntes/gestempeltes Lager aus asiatischer Billigstfertigung als Beispiel.. wäre nicht das erste mal), die Rolle mit dem Zusatz "ABEC 11 (rated bearing oder eingestuftes Lager wäre der richtige Weg, aber siehe oben..)" verkaufen kann.. und niemand kann legal etwas dagegen tun, wenn der Händler nachweisen kann, dass die Lager der ABEC 11 Kategorie angehören (ob sie die Toleranzen wirklich einhalten, nicht aus Weichgummi sind usw. ist dann wieder eine andere Sache).

Ist also wie so oft ein Weg zum "Tricksen" im Marketingsektor.

Dass es noch keine (? oder zumindest keine günstigen) Skatelager mit ABEC 11 Zert. gibt, hindert die Trickser ja kaum. Dann wird das billigste Lager genommen oder gestempelt und die Achsen- und Rollenlagersitze auf eine andere Lagergröße modifiziert..

Wenn man natürlich eine -Rolle- ohne Lager als "ABEC 11" anbietet, muss es das Original sein, ansonsten ist es ja schon nahe am Beschiss und kein "Tricksen" mehr, also ausserhalb der Grauzone.

Viele Grüße,

Wolf

bearbeitet von Wolf

• Neu erstellen...